If you are subject to mistreatment, or witness mistreatment, in the learning environment:
- Stay calm and if possible tell the person to stop the behaviour. If you are a witness to mistreatment support the learner who is being mistreated and if appropriate confront the behaviour.
- Leave the situation if you or others are concerned about safety. If necessary call security or 911.
- Talk to someone you trust. This will help you decide what you wish to do next.
- Document what happened from your perspective in as much detail as possible.
- Report your experience to the Office of Respectful Environments, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (REDI) directly or through the online reporting tool. If you prefer, you may contact one of the Faculty of Medicine contacts listed on this site or any faculty member within the Faculty of Medicine.