For All Learners, Sites, Departments and Programs
Emergency and Mental Health
- Emergency Services | 911
- Campus Security | 604.822.2222
- Book a mental health appointment through Student Health Services: 604.822.7011 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24-7 Support: Call Empower Me at 1.844.741.6389. They provide counselling and life coaching, free for students on the AMS/GSS Health Plan. They can help with anything you’re concerned about, and will give you the option of getting help online, in person, or by phone.
- Book an appointment with a Wellness Advisor at UBC Counselling Services by phone at: 604.822.3811
- Health & Wellness at UBC
- Crisis Centre BC | 1.800.784.2433
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Faculty of Medicine Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- UBC Equity and Inclusion
- The Centre for Excellence in Indigenous Health’s UBC 23 24 Indigenous Cultural Safety
- eModule: Inclusivity in the Learning Environment
Discrimination, Sexual Misconduct, Bullying and Harassment
- UBC Policy SC7: Discrimination
- Previously UBC Policy #3: Discrimination and Harassment
- UBC Policy SC17: Sexual Misconduct and Sexualized Violence
- Previously UBC Policy #131
- UBC Policy SC18: Retaliation, Safe Disclosure, and Reporting
- Women Students’ Office support resources.
- Bullying and Harassment Prevention at UBC Resources
- UBC wide Preventing and Addressing Workplace Bullying and Harassment Training module
- eModule: Preventing and Addressing Bullying, Harassment and Mistreatment in the Working and Learning Environment
- Bullying and Harassment | WorkSafeBC
- UBC Policy SC7: Discrimination
Rights, Conduct, Health, Wellness and Safety in the Learning and Working Environment
- BC Human Rights Code
- Professional Standards for Learners and Faculty Members in the Faculties of Medicine and Dentistry
- UBC Student Code of Conduct
- UBC Statement on Respectful Environment for Students, Faculty and Staff
- Building Safe and Supportive Learning Environments module
- Fairness Toolkits (UBC Office of the Ombudsperson for Students)
- UBC Centre for Accessibility
- Student Safety on Campus
For Health Professions
- Midwifery support resource links
- Physiotherapy students please refer to your MPT student handbook for more information on departmental procedures. To deal with issues related to discrimination or harassment, Physiotherapy students may also contact an Advisor from the Equity office at 604.822.6353 or Andrea Harkdaker, Department of Physical Therapy Ombudsperson by phone at 604.822.7771 or by emailing email@example.com.
For Post Doctoral and Graduate Students
- School of Biomedical Engineering Undergraduate resources.
- School of Biomedical Engineering Graduate resources.
- Department of Medical Genetics support resources.
- School of Population and Public Health support resources.
- Residents please also visit the Resident Wellness website for wellness resources available to support UBC residents.
For MD Undergraduate Program
- MD undergraduate program student resources through Student Affairs
- Physician Health Program has a 24-hour confidential help phone line: 1-800-663-6729
- Black Physicians of Canada (BPC) (Membership is free for medical students).
- Black Medical Students’ Association of Canada (BMSAC) (Membership is free).